Wednesday, June 30, 2010

5th Week Mark after ACL reconstruction

30 June 2010 Marked 5 weeks after my ACL Reconstruction

_I went to physio this morning, it was testing as my muscles are stiff from the gymning
We were able to get flexion in knee joint to 5 degress less than the othe leg.

_I didn't walk too much today , 2/3kms in total (podometer)
_i did 1 hour on the exercise Bike : Today I started now pushing it to my Heart Rate Maximun : I could push to 176 , then it took 2mins roughly to return to 117 ( low HOUR within zone for fat burn)
_more stretches for legs /hamstrings etc .. As I am working muscles harder they are getting more stiff &shortening.


1 July
_1 hour on exercise bike 7:30am
& 1 hour 30mins Exercise bike 6pm = 2hours 30minutes total.

2 July
_6pm : 1hour 20mins on exercise bike
_stretches and calf exercises (step work /calf raises)

3 July
_Walking: lots of it at the farm: from 9am - 3pm 4.5km!! Most in 5 weeks !!
_4:30pm. on Exercise bike for 1hour 20mins , fat burn only , no cardio (high heart rate about 140 bmp) While I Watched World Cup Soccer: Ger vs Arg.

4 July
~on exercise bike for 2hours
~Calf raises left leg only
~step streches
~"Bosu" ball squats and balancing



~scar split open as pressure in knee couldn't excape , I was wearing knee brace for suPport. Puss came out , I cleaned with Hydrogen Peroxide 10% Volume,diluted and put absorbent plaster on
~i didn't walk much today




5 July
~4kms walking
~Gym:
Exercise bike 30mins fat burn
Step machine 10mins
Lats pull down : 3 sets of 15 reps on 22.5kg
Pullover : 3 sets of 15 on 22.5kg
Quads press (left leg only ) many sets of 10 reps on 7.5kg
Ab cruncher : 3 sets of 15 on 45kg
Mat work : stretches,hamstring curls , calf raises/stretches
"Bosu" Ball : Balancing and light squats

6July
*2hourse exercise bike
*5mind /500m Run(treadmill)
*Matt work
*Bosu* Ball : squats / balancing exercises / toe up&down &stepping up & down
*leg stretches etc,.
*3800 steos (step counter/ podometer)

No comments:

Post a Comment