Sunday, June 13, 2010

WEEK 3_ DAY 3_ FIRST DAY AT GYM




This day was my first day back at Gym after my ACL recon.
What i did:
15mins slow/light on exercise bike, 5mins of which were half pedals, (like a swiminging boat)
my knee "softened up"and i could then go all the way around (backwards first) This was less "tight" this way.
I then could go forwards pedalling in the right forwards motion. It was not sore. I just had to work on my right hip over working to compensate for the "stiff"movement on my left knee.

Other exercises:
* Leg raises 2 x ( 3 sets of 10 reps)
* Hamstring curls (no resistance) me on my stomach) : 3 sets of 10 reps each
* Latissimus dorsi - 3 sets of 10 reps on 30kg
* Over head pulls - 3 sets of 10 reps each on 22.5kg
* Stomach crunches (machine) 25kg = 5 sets of 20 reps each
* Bicep curls - 7.5kg = 3 sets of 10 reps each

__________
I had a lot of pain and discomfort as i did not take pain meds until the afternoon when the pain got really bad.

But all in all it was a good day.
I am very glad to be back at gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment